Rep. Allen West (War Criminal-FL) claimed today that the growth and improvement in the economy this year (and by extension any year) is because the markets are getting so GODDAMN excited about the possibility of a GOP takeover of the White House. Uh huh. This is of course patently bat-shit insane, but there is a nugget of interesting data in there. Namely, this story confirms my Theory of Free Market Political Bias, which I shall now present to you here:
- If the Economy is struggling under a liberal president: it is the president’s fault. This is true regardless of who controls the congress.
- Economy is struggling under a conservative president: It is the liberal congresses fault for not implementing the GOP president’s ideas or in the case of a conservative congress it is because they were able to stymie the Liberal president’s agenda.
- Economy is prospering or recovering under a liberal president: it is either because of the conservative controlled congress or the free market is working as it should in despite his ideas and programs.
- Economy is prospering or recovering under a conservative president: It is the president and his ideas and programs alone that have made the economy good because he understand the market or in the case of a conservative congress it is because conservatives control government and they understand the market. In the case of a liberal congress the president did it despite liberal efforts to derail him and the economy.
- Prospering economy tanks under Democratic president: He is a failure and singlehandedly did it. If the congress is controlled by conservatives then the economy failed because of the liberal president despite their best efforts to stop him. In the case of a liberal congress the reason for the tanking economy is liberal government and their lack of respect and knowledge for the free market.
- Prospering economy tanks under conservative president: the market just goes through adjustments and fluctuations or in the case of a liberal congress it was the liberals who blocked his free market agenda and derailed the economy despite the conservative president’s best efforts.
SUMMARY: it is NEVER the fault of the conservative[s] for the struggling or tanking economy, but a prospering or recovering economy is always because of the conservative[s] respect for the free market.
Conversely, it is ALWAYS the Democrats fault for a struggling or tanking economy, but a prospering or recovering economy is always because of the conservative[s] respect for the free market.